Skip to main content

Best purchase ever: non-plastic stainless steel kettle

.subtitle{ font-family:Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif; font-size:20px; color:#555555; line-height:28px;
This is a subtitle

I bought this after hours of searching high & low! Trying to find a kettle that is truly free from plastic touching the water is near impossible! (The internet can be a labyrinth of just too much information, don't you think? I end up link-hopping forever and ever without much result nor satisfaction… Anyone with me on that trap???)
When I was diagnosed with breast cancer (of which I am now fully-recovered btw), as anybody in my shoes would, I looked deep in to where I can improve my lifestyle.
And going plastic-free was one of them. Especially with plastics that would touch my food and drink, incase the plastic leaches on to it. 
Looking around the kitchen, the plastic kettle was an obvious candidate to say bye-bye to (as well as plastic tupperware). Because, coming to think of it, it was plain to see that it can cause harm - the kettle’s plastic casing would get heated to boiling temperature again and again! This must not be good, plus, the hot water I leave behind would sit in the plastic until next time I consume! Yikes...!
Yes-yes, I know that there are BPA-free plastic kettle nowadays. But…, (you can call me a mistrustful downer as much as you like!) but, I don’t think they are good enough. You have to think to yourself; so, what other material do the manufactures use to replace BPA then? BPS and BPF? It’s said that the research on the effects of these on health is still at it’s early stage. Hm…, reason to be wary? Speaking from my personal experience, I think so. Best to err on the side of caution, guys, health is way important than stinging on a couple of bucks more to buy a decent plastic-free kettle. 
So, here’s how my kettle is looking after a year and a half! 

Popular posts from this blog

something...

Hello! Hello! Hello!  First of all, a big *thank you* for taking your time visiting BASICS OF HAPPY. ​ My name is Tamami , I'm 41 years of age, & am a Japanese living in London, U.K. I have two children aged 9 & 13, a girl & a boy, and have a partner we will call Mr.D for here. ​ I have been blogging since 2006 (!) on  Coco&Me , but have decided that time is ripe to start afresh (you'll read the reasons on that website), so here it is!!!  ​ One of the very last posts on Coco&Me was titled   'New beginning of something' , which, I admit was really-really vague & very open-ended, but I am hoping that by populating this BASICS OF HAPPY website with my new thoughts, my new ideas, my new interests, &  with things that make me happy, I can formulate that 'something' in to becoming THE 'thing'  that I can put my new stamp on.  ​ Just to clarify, the name BASICS OF HAPPY is not intended to imply that it is a defini

Happy miso soup making

When I was writing my guide on  how to make Japanese brown rice  in my previous post, I always thought I should lead up to writing about miso soup, as, for every Japanese person, rice and miso soup go hand-in-hand. (Here, I was wondering what the western equivalent might be: Burger and patty? Fish and chips?)  ​ But I realised that  there's so many snippets of information I’d like to say on this subject!  And so to avoid my miso soup recipe looking like a college dissertation paper, I thought I'll get these snippets out of the way first, and follow the miso soup recipe in the next post instead. And to avoid you getting bored with long-winded writing, I condensed it all in to a couple of sentences each and fit them on an A4 poster.  ​ Hopefully this poster is a nice and easy way to introduce you to the world of miso soup!  ​ Happy miso soup making~!  xx  ​ PS: I have also designed two other posters, so check those out too! 355 words to describe food poster